Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The escalator

Sometimes I worry Sybil will become too old and frail to care for herself three thousand glorious miles away. That is a lot to think about. Do I kill her there or do I bother moving her out here and then kill her? Luckily I don't have to decide right now. Sybil recently made some provisions so she can stay in her mansion for many years to come. She added an Acorn chair lift to her house. Now she glides up and down her stairs with the ease and grace of an 80 year old. When I asked her how it was she informed me that for $300 more she could have had a model with a cushion on the seat. I asked her why she didn't spring for it and this was the response:

"I don't need a plush chair. I'm not going on a bus ride."

Always a pleasure.






No comments:

Post a Comment