Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Your kids are not your friends

Sybil had this massive problem when I was little of talking to me like I was adult or worse her friend. Mostly it was typical stuff like your father's a bum, I have a weird discharge from my left breast, etc, etc. I remember this one time when my mother's friend confided in her that her husband got a blow job from a prostitute at a bachelor party. I'm not sure why, but Sybil felt it necessary to tell me and my brother the story. Maybe she was telling my dad, who I'm sure was jealous, but she had no regard for whether or not her ten year old child was in ear shot.  The best part of the story was the fact that I was friends with the son of the blow job recipient. You can imagine what happened next.

"Hey Jason, I heard your dad got a blow job from a prostitute in front of your uncle at a bachelor party. Want to play with our G.I.Joes? Why are you crying? Knowing is half the battle!"

Soon after Jason's parents divorced. I would like to blame the blow job, but it's more enjoyable to blame Sybil's big mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment