Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, what did you get me?

In my short life the the earth has gone around the sun forty times yet I have accomplished nothing. I digress, since I'm about to officially become middle aged, Sybil asked me what I would like to celebrate. Being  a man child I expressed interest in a new bicycle. Shockingly Sybil said she would provide me with a credit card to make the purchase.  I said thanks and hung up the phone before I ruined it by screaming, "CHOKE ON IT."

Twelve hours later I called Sybil and the conversation went like this:

Barry: Hi, how are you?
Sybil: I'm not buying you no bicycle. You have a bicycles. That's absurd.
Barry: Uh huh.
Sybil: I saw in the paper, a painter I knew is in jail for not paying his taxes.
Barry: I just pulled up to work. I have to go.
Sybil: Have a nice day.

She gave me life. That is gift enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment