Monday, October 12, 2015

Text M for Murder

First and foremost I must apologize as I am unable to write as fast as Sybil talks so I do lose things here and there. I really need the recording device Nixon had or a stenographer.

The following is how I remember the conversations I had this afternoon:

Barry: What's up?
Sybil: What's up? The police are here that's what's up. I will call you when they leave.

Ten minutes later...

Sybil: The police were here because a former aide of mine sent me a text message that she is going to murder me.
Barry: Really? Read me the text message.
Sybil: I can't the police took it.
Barry: They didn't take your phone. Read it to me.
Sybil. It said, ugh, you're in bed with him and there was a knife.
Barry: What? You are making no sense. Read it word for word!
Sybil: I did. It was from her number.
Barry: Can you simply read it word for word.
Sybil: I did. She threatened me.
Barry: Read me the fucking message word for word.
Sybil: The phone is upstairs.
Barry: Call me when you have it.

I then hung up and listened to the Back in the High Life Again by Steve Winwood. Seriously. It's an awesome song and I just downloaded it.

Literally as the song ended, Sybil called me back.

Sybil: Here it is.
Barry: OK read it.
Sybil: You and him are in bed together.
Barry: I don't know what that means. How is that threatening?
Sybil: Well, I was scared.
Barry: Of what?
Sybil: Well when I asked her for references, she made a joke asking if I was afraid she was going to murder me. I didn't hire her and she won't leave me alone. She called a few times.
Barry: So a few calls, an incoherent text and you felt you needed the police?
Sybil: I didn't like the message.
Barry: Your story has changed so many times. You would make an amazing witness.

I didn't bother asking what the text "you and him are in bed together" meant. Best case, it never happened. Worst case, Sybil has a new boyfriend and the aide doesn't approve. Either way, I'm going to pretend it's none of my business.




No comments:

Post a Comment