Thursday, July 10, 2014

It's all going to be alright

Over the last few days, things got pretty hairy with Sybil. She had her knee replaced and I don't know if it was the combo of drugs or what, but she got it into her head that she was kidnapped and being held prisoner at the hospital. Of course I somehow was to blame for this. When things really went nuts they had her strapped down. It was like a dream come true. She would call my brother and ask him to call the police. To be honest I was pretty worried that this was permanent. I am ill equipped to have to care for her. Her doctors told me not to worry. The technical term for what she was experiencing was 'bat shit crazy.' Actually I think it was the mixing of drugs that set her off and it was supposedly going to pass. Hell just as I was about to clear out her bank account, she called me and asked me to visit. I went up to see her and she seemed okay. Finally I knew she was back to normal when we had the following conversation:

Sybil: Did you use the credit card I left on the counter?
Barry: Yeah once or twice. I think I got a bagel.
Sybil: How much did you spend?
Barry: I don't know.
Sybil: I need a total for when I pay the bill on the phone.
Barry: Won't they just give you your balance when you call?
Sybil: No it doesn't work that way. They just ask how much I want to pay.
Barry: Okay.
Sybil: You didn't use the credit card to take out your friends did you????

At that moment I knew she was going to be alright.

This picture was shockingly not taken recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment