Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vig

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my mother has been a loan shark for approximately 35 years. Well, I'm not sure loan shark is the correct term. She gives short term loans to people at insane interest rates. Is that a loan shark? It's not as bad as it sounds. She only has one client that I know of. His name is Dean Lebowitz. Actually I changed his name to protect him. Fine, I'm lying that is his real name. He was the gym teacher at the school my mother worked at. I'm not sure what his problem was or how he found my mother, but for some reason he would constantly borrow money from Sybil at interest rates that would make people with the worst credit blush. I assume he had an insane OTB habit. There was no other reason he would borrow like he did. To his credit he did always pay on time or I should pays on time because even though he is retired, as is my mother, he still appears from time to  time to borrow a hundo here or there. The best part about this is my mother would make him sign a hand scribbled note that he was borrowing the money and that he was okay with paying the absurd interest. Now I'm no police officer but something tells me this whole transaction could land Sybil in the slammer. Hell what do I know. Here is a picture of Sybil at her desk.

Only a true baller wears sunglasses inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment