Monday, June 30, 2014

Almost that time

Next Saturday I will be in New Jersey for Sybil's knee replacement. To prepare myself I've been ignoring all phone calls from my mother. After nine messages on Saturday and four on Sunday I finally called her this morning. There was no mention of the thirteen messages. When pressed for what was so important all Sybil could say was she forgot.

On another note, Sybil has been arranging my ride to her house from the airport by bargaining with a local taxi driver/ex mayor of Hillsdale.

This is the actual text the taxi driver sent my brother about the bargaining:

I hope mom gets through her surgery to attend my funeral. She is killing me with her bargaining!!!


This is going to be an amazing trip.

Did I mention I take off at 6 AM because Sybil bought me my ticket with mileage and a coupon for peaches.

Yes my mom bought me my ticket. It was the only way I would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment