Thursday, June 5, 2014

Family Business

"In 1976 I could have bought a Toyota dealership for $60,000." This is a statement I've heard many times from my mother growing up. Other than the guaranteed free long distance phone calls that she would have made all day I can't see how this would have been a money maker. It is like someone giving me a full ride to medical school. Just because I got a deal isn't going to make me a good brain surgeon. John Stossel would have had a field day with that dealership. I can see him now busting Sybil for selling a fake undercoat job to a minority family.

Sybil was also offered a McDonald's franchise for similar money. I could have inherited both businesses after she burned them down.


Side Note - My father's business did burn down when it was doing poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment