Sunday, June 8, 2014

On the street

It's funny how two people growing up in the same house can have such varied experiences. For instance the reasons I hate my mother are totally different than the reasons my brother hates her. Obviously neither of us hate her because she is a Saint, but we did get treated differently. For example, growing up, Sybil chose to tell Lewis daily that we would soon run out of money and be on the street and that no one would care, especially not our paternal grandmother who was rich. Sybil told this to Lewis so many times that his fear of running out of money is even strong today. He hides money in his mattress. I, on the other hand, was never told this, so for every five dollars I have I try to spend seven.

Then again when she was done badgering Lewis she did like to tell me I had a face just like my father's side of the family. Now that I think about it, I don't think she meant it as a compliment. I should call her and ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment