Thursday, June 19, 2014

My late brother, I mean sister

In 1977 tragedy struck. Sybil miscarried her third child. Forget the fact that Sybil was 40 back when 40 was considered a 100 and an absurd age to even think about having a kid, or the fact that she smoked, or even the fact that she didn't take any prenatal vitamins. The real reason she miscarried according to her was that our father made her work. If she was just able to stay at home with her children like all mothers should, she would have had a healthy third child. I like to pretend it was all my dad's fault because he threw her down the stairs.

I always wonder what that third child would have been like. I would have been relegated to being the middle child, but it might have been worth it to have a little brother to start fires with. Then again, it could have been a girl. All I picture is a miniature Sybil with half the fro and twice the lunacy. Maybe this happening was for the best. Obviously I mean my dad throwing my mom down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment