Friday, May 9, 2014

Lifetime subscription to Time magazine

I can remember a time when the daily mail always contained a plethora of different magazines: Time, People, National Geographic, even Playboy. The funny thing about these magazines were the address labels all contained names of dead relatives of mine. My recently deceased aunt, my mother's first husband, hell I think there were a couple of magazines coming in names of people my mother just wished were dead.  Back then magazine companies would send at least three to four issues before demanding payment. At that point my mother would just pick a new name so that she wouldn't miss an issue.

The life lesson here:

When I was in high school I really wanted some CDs from Columbia House.  Alas, I didn't have any cash, so I figured ordering them in our Jamaican house keeper's name was totally fine.  I got the Doors greatest hits and an R.E.M CD before the collection notices started.



No comments:

Post a Comment