Saturday, May 17, 2014

Picture on file

As I've mentioned before, my mother had a colorful past returning items: clothes, soda, a week old pork chop that was cooked. She was a legend at the Garden State Plaza. Babbage's actually changed their return policy because of her. There will be a post dedicated to them shortly. I will give a teaser, it involves my mother returning a video game that my brother put down his pants.

This post is about how Nordstrom security used to follow my mom around when she came in the store. Sybil abused their return policy so badly that they kept an eye on her when she was browsing. She was returning more than she was buying, so something didn't add up. I have a feeling she was buying items at cheaper stores and returning them to Nordstrom for the profit. I can't prove it though.

I got the scoop from my friend (NAME REMOVED). Her mom, worked in the Nordstrom shoe department. I guess there was a team meeting about Sybil. (NAME REMOVED) told me as a warning.  "Dude, your mom is going to go to jail if she keeps it up." Now you probably think I was embarrassed when (NAME REMOVED) tried to scare Sybil straight through me. I wasn't.  It could be that (NAME REMOVED) had once told me her father was arrested in Shop Rite for shop lifting groceries. Somehow I felt my family was classier than hers.


Side Note - My father was arrested not far from Shop Rite.  Much more upscale crime than shop lifting though, so I still think we come out on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment