Friday, May 16, 2014

Making money off your children

When I was younger, I was a bit of a retard behind the wheel, speeding tickets, an accident with an ambulance, an accident with a fat person, more speeding tickets. There was even a time I was pulled over twice in ten minutes, different cops, same crime. With such a stellar driving record it makes perfect sense that I wasn't able to get insurance in my own name. Being that I really wanted a new Jetta (mistake one), I decided to ask Sybil if I could add my car to her insurance policy (mistake two).

Sure, no problem, $2,000 a year sounds fair. I said okay and started paying my mom monthly to keep my car on the road. After about a year I had to call the insurance company to ask for a duplicate card when I decided in passing to ask the company how much my yearly premium was. The number they gave me was $800. Wait this makes no sense. They are saying $800, but I'm paying my mom $2,000.  Could she have made a mistake? There is no way my mom could be making a profit on me is there?

When confronted, Sybil first denied it but then in a fit of rage responded by saying she was taking all the risk so why shouldn't she make a little something. I would like to say Sybil saved the $1200 a year in a special account for me to teach me a lesson about savings and responsibility. I would like to say that, but I can't.

Side Note: I got pulled over in the Jetta leaving the dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment